New Zealand's Cleanest, Most Efficient Wood Fire
Pyro Fires are Ultra Low Emission Burners (ULEB) with a genuine overnight burn.
Check out the 60 second time-lapse of a Pyro burning for 12 hours on a single load.
Click here to view the video
True Kiwi Innovation
The Pyro Wood Fire was developed by scientists at the DSIR (New Zealand Department of Scientific & Industrial Research). They were tasked with creating the ultimate solution for burning wood in the most economic and environmentally conscious way and so, after years of design and research, the Pyro range was born.
For more than 40 years, this unique kiwi fire has led the global market in efficiency.
Pyro Fires burn less wood to maintain their temperature. The Pyro fire ceramic chamber, the Heat Sustainer, stores more heat than any other conventional wood fire allowing a gradual and even release of its heat over an extended time.
- Reduce your heating costs – compared to a conventional fire’s steel firebox, the Pyro ceramic chamber will burn less wood to maintain its temperature.
- Genuine overnight burn – keep your home warmer for longer.
- A healthier home – the gradual and even release of heat from the Heat Sustainer (even after the actual fire has burned down) can fight one of the leading causes of dampness – cold rooms.
Environmentally Conscious Choice
Pyro Fires are Ultra Low Emission Burners
All Pyro Fires are low emission burners, with an emissions rate of only 0.3g/kg – less than half that of most other clean air wood fires. Due to the impressive heat storage capabilities of the fire chamber, Pyro Fires consume considerably less firewood. At a fuel consumption rate of only 0.9kg per hour for the Pyro Mini and 1.1kg per hour for the Pyro Classic, a Pyro Fire is a smart choice for the environment and your wallet!
Up to 100 Colour Options!
If the traditional black box wood fire isn’t for you, then you have come to the right place. Choose from up to 100 colour variations, from bold and bright to classic neutrals. Dare to be different with our colour upgrade Simply choose whether you prefer a Grey or Black fire body (top plate and door) and then explore our huge range of panel colours.
Wetbacks can be added to all Pyro models
- 1.5kw high output wetback for the Pyro Mini
- 3.7kw high output wetback for the Pyro Classic
Download a Pyro Fire Brochure Here
Why choose Pratts to supply and install your new Pyro fire?
- Building Consents completed for you
- Installation of your new fire by our own experienced installers
- Free 'measure up' completed by a Pratts estimator
- Experience...we've been warming Waikato homes for decades
- Back up servicing, parts and maintenance
- Wetback installation can be completed when the fire is being installed
- Pratts are New Zealand Home Heating Association members
It's easy with Pratts, we take care of everything!
Click Here to find your nearest showroom